Date: Wed, 04 Dec 1997 23:30:19 0800|
From: Liz Wilkinson <email@example.com>
I'm here . . . braindead, but I'm here!! I arrived home from Houston this evening, just woke up from a nap and am about to retire for a good night's rest. But, thought I would briefly highlight the past few daze:
* Awesome seats at two awesome venues (Ft. Worth and Houston) * Minimaltono obnoxious people in the audiences * Todd's voice is as strong as I've ever heard * Lots of great treats, incl. The Wheel, Lysistrata (YES!!), Too Far Gone, I Think You Know, IWHMAD, I Don't Want to Tie You Down, Fidelity, Hawking, I Want You, I could go on and on . . . * Lots of hillarious inbetweensong banter (which, hopefully, someone will post more in detail)
* Todd commenting about and mocking all the smoker's in the audience at both shows (too funny!)
* Some of the people in our group getting to meet Todd, getting autographs, seeing sound check, etc. for the first time
* Todd and MaryLou admiring the buttons on my jean jacket, especially the ones designed by Mary Adams, which I gave to Todd (except for the Woman's World button . . . he said I should keep that one!)
I especially enjoyed:
* Getting to meet Dave and Hilary, and am looking forward to spending more time with them before they have to leave Texas on Sunday
* Getting to spend time with our favourite Canadian again (sorry Hersh, you'll have to come to TX *3* times in 2 months to be in the running with Joan!!)
* Reuniting with all of my great TX ToddFest family of friends * Meeting other bodies of spirits I've come to know through letter writing and phone conversations
* AND meeting lots of new friends I didn't know about before!!
Last but not least, if you haven't made plans to catch this show DO SO NOW!!! Believe me, this is a tour *not* to be missed.
and, that's all she wrote . . .
12/3/96 Rockefeller's, Houston,
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1997 12:02:14 -0600 (CST)
Subject: 12/3/96 Rockefeller's, Houston
1) THE WHEEL
Having a seat behind the stage can have advantages. From my view of the stage, I could see Todd's list of songs that he's playing on this tour. The tunes were divided into 5 categories: GUITAR SONGS - around a dozen in number. All of them have been played on the tour, except "Woman's World". Seems like an odd choice for a voice/ guitar-only song.
PIANO SONGS - again around a dozen listed. Notable rarities: "Bag Lady", "Drunken Blue Rooster", "Sometimes I Don't Know What To Feel", and "Love Is The Answer".
A CAPELLA - 3 listed: "Honest Work", "Born To Synthesize", and "Nightmare Song".
VIDEO SONGS - this category included all the songs from "The Individualist".
MIDI SONGS - 4 listed: "Secret Society", "Fascist Christ", "Worldwide Epiphany", and "Black & White".
For those of you going to see the remaining shows, try to coax Todd into playing the rarely heard tunes, especially the piano & acapella songs.
The Park West || Setlists || Travel || Chicago || Bulletin board || Input please || Last years event
Created by ISH © 1997